Saturday, January 29, 2005

A Fiery Dawn

A Fiery Dawn

I look at you and I feel
a sudden
overwhelming
rush of love
a flooding swell of tender emotion
deep within my being
making me weak
yet strong
filling me with its power

You are . . .
the blazing brilliance of the noonday sun
shining full upon my face

You are . . .
the poignant lingering glory
of the majestic setting sun
the glowing fullness
of the rising morn

You are . . .
every twinkling star
that weaves its magic
in my midnight sky

You are
the solitary tear
the gem that gleams
in the eyes
of my darkest emotion

You are . ..
the cooling touch
that caresses and soothes
yet sears
the very depths of my soul
making . . .
my flesh to burn
and . . .
my blood to run diffuse

Silently . . .
you crept into my life
and awakened my dormant heart
with a kiss
with a touch
with a word
with a mere glance . . .

awakened my sleeping heart
to the fiery dawning
of your love . . .

You . . .
have taught me how
to live again

To You . . .
I give . . .
my life . . .
my love . . .
my all
. . .
who came unawares
into my life
and made it
. . .
a poetic existence
a wonderful experience
. . .
© KPLewis (Kalypsoul)
1999

No comments: